Saturday, February 18, 2017

How about a dose of unrest, even guilt and turmoil?




How religious leaders can threaten you if you lose  faith in them. 

They equate themselves with the Almighty, saying if you turn away from them, you turn away from the Almighty.  
And the Almighty  will drown you.

Drown if you leave the boat!  

Image result for images of Christ feeding the ten thousandtenthousandplaces.org

I would laugh, but it isn't funny.

Image result for images of Christ feeding the ten thousand


From  the Mormon's World Wide General Conference October  2014

Stay in the Boat and Hold On!

by M. Russell Ballard

“I have discovered in my ministry that those who have become lost [and] confused are typically those who have most often … forgotten that when the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve speak with a united voice, it is the voice of the Lord for that time. The Lord reminds us, ‘Whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same’ [D&C 1:38].”5
In other words, they leave the Old Ship Zion—they fall away; they apostatize. Tragically, they often experience short-term and eventually long-term unintended consequences, not only for themselves but also for their families.
Our local Church leaders, like seasoned river guides, have been tutored by life’s experiences; have been trained and mentored by apostles and prophets and other officers of the Church; and, most important, have been tutored by the Lord Himself.
*
*

Or how about some  guilt for those who think they can swim?

                                                   Ilder Kacher of the Seventy:
Will I be wise enough to hang on in spite of questions?  
Never trifle with sacred things.  
Choice affects others.   
Our sins causes others to fall away.      
*
*

So, if I am honest in my belief, it is a sin?
Oh, dear.

Sorry about Ballard and Kacher's god.  

My God does say "Come unto me, all you who are heavy burdened and I will give you rest."
He also says "love one another" and I am working on that.

Related imagewordpress.com


Nowhere does he say, "Follow those men. They are infallible."


Thank you  for your attention to my blog,
Riverwatch