Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Change Your Personality


Change your personality, thank you very much!




Flitting through her numerous memories from living 89 years, she picked a particularly grievous one that put a smile to her face.
Her teeth are beautiful.  Money helps.  And courage!  
As one past-seventy gentleman friend told me about his recent roller coaster ride with his grandson, "Courage had nothing to do with it because I had none.  I just closed my eyes and did it."

Want to enjoy the ride of old age?  Close your eyes!  Just do it!

But I digress.

Hattie was smirking as she told me how, years and years ago,  the college tried to keep her from getting her professorship and the committee who ruled NO had one comment:  she needs to work on her personality for a couple  more years.
Related image
worcester.Consulting Group




Say what??


    Related imagefreepngimg.com

Don't want to see an educated bitch fly up in your face?  Then don't trot out "personality" as a  célébrer la cause.
Yeh, she got her professorship. 
Her "legal case" had zero merit, but don't underestimate the sticky fear of bad publicity a big mouth can engender.

Ahh, memories.
She's making new ones because she just told her pastor in no uncertain terms the error of his ways.

Personality. We just can't change it.
Why would anybody even bother to ask?

Entrenched in laughing about the art of aging,
Riverwatch

I am who I am.  
I am who I was.
We are who we are.  
We are who we were.
                                   And that's OK.