Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Youth speaks. The Bath.





THE BATH
by Jim Mowery

Image result for images of old man and young man in jacuzzifr.fotolia.com



The swirling, bubbling water
   maddened in it's state of movement
      clung to the aged man.

I, a younger version, sat by him.

“A little warm today,” said he and I agreed.
     My face was red with the heat
        that encompassed us.

We sat together
   he and I
       and looked at the vaporous swirls
            of steam as they drifted skyward
                 only to be stopped by a mirrored ceiling
                     revealing us as children
                          in a frothy bath.Related image

I looked at his wrinkled face
     and wondered
        was it worth it
to live all of those years
only to be rewarded with a body
         withered.
Image result for images of old man bathingflickr.cm

And I asked
“Are you happy as an aged man?”
      His eyes played on me.
      “Yes....it is a little too warm,” he said.


            And I didn't pursue it.