Sunday, July 3, 2016

Jewel of Diversity Is Our World





The World, Jewel of Diversity

Image result for images of the earth as a jewel
pinterest.com


Pope Francis: 'You cannot make fun of the faith of others'

"There are so many people who speak badly about religions or other religions, who make fun of them, who make a game out of the religions of others,” he said.  They are provocateurs. And what happens to them is what would happen to Dr Gasparri if he says a curse word against my mother. There is a limit.”





I love this Pope.
I am not Catholic, but I love him.  I am emotionally strengthened by many of his actions and his words.
Of course I do not believe everything he says.  After all, I am a Protestant.  
Then again, I don't believe everything any human says, and I disbelieve myself from time to time!    
                                                                                                                                                           
But I do believe in free speech, I demand it!
Even for you.
And I believe sometimes it is so important to express your truth that paying the price, the fall-out, is just the cost of "free" speech.
I have paid the price sometimes!  Perchance you have also.

But in a world gone mad, is it not more important to be sane, than to be "funny", even if comedy is a way of expressing deep-seated hurt or fear?
Is it not more important to thoughtfully consider the cost, the fall-out to other people, not just one's self?

I, Riverwatch, needed to hear the Pope's words.

I myself need reminded that there are limits.

Yes, violence begets violence,
.........and reactions can become chain reactions,
............... and I am horrified at the escalations.
                                                                                                                                       
Still and all, there is a limit to free speech, free expression.

Speech itself is a priviledge.

Handle with care.

Or as my mom  said to me, "For god's sake, shut up!"

     

I'm still working on that, old age notwithstanding!


Thank you for your kind visit.
Riverwatch