Thursday, July 2, 2015

Magical Thinking

Magical.

Ok.  I am a magical thinker.  I can't help it!  I have always desired to be able to go from Point A to Point C without dealing with Point B!  I am a short-cut girl.
That is one reason I have an aura about me that makes some people surprised that I am as old as I am.

Many people think I am lying about my age.
Well, they used to.
I have to tell you it is getting harder and harder to find anybody who thinks I am younger than I am.

I am eroding away at an accelerating rate!  Still and all, I do take the trouble to dye my hair.

Our number one identifying feature is our hair.
If you want to look like your granny, go ahead.

I took two extra years of study on aging after becoming an RN and if I learned nothing else, I learned that the number one thing I can do to remain "relevant" in a culture that dismisses the aged, is to dye my hair.

Especially if I am a woman since most men are "visual" and men run the world and have a lot of dominance in our personal lives if we are women.
It is wise to try to fool them a bit.



before


   after


    before               after



Staying "young" is a willingness to be brave, even stupid.
Hence, not everyone even wants to stay "young".




My best friend, (you know, the honest kind), told me once that she had always thought I had both brains and courage, but after having known me for years, she finally concluded that "this is a woman with more courage than brains".
Yes, our friendship survived that one, but only because I didn't have enough brains to figure out if she had complimented me or insulted me!
Tricky.



Thank you for your visit today.
I hope I haven't bored you.
Riverwatch